Here’s some advise as to what you need to do: –
Compose and Prepare yourself.
What do I tell my spouse.
How do I tell why I want a divorce.
Prepare your speech.
What do I say, how do I begin.
Look at your speech again. Is it enough?
Does it convey how and what you are feeling and
Why you want a divorce?
How do I start?
Do I choose a date for a discussion?
Or do I send an email /what’s app / text message ?
When is the right time?
How do I handle the situation when my spouse reacts adversely?
- Rule No. 1: Do not be defensive, let him/her speak.
- Rule No. 2: Listen and don`t interrupt.
- Rule No. 3: Suggest parties attend marriage counselling.
- Rule No. 4: Respond with these points: –
- Our marriage has broken down.
- We need to reach an amicable resolution as :-
- it’s in the best interest for the children not to see the parents in conflict; or
- it’s in the best interest of parties to avoid conflict.
- Any discussion is to be future-focused.
- You seek resolution through an effective costs-saving process.